Manual Handling for Health Care Workers
Manual handling, also known as manual tasks, is any activity requiring effort to lift, move, push, pull, carry or hold any object, including a person.
Poor manual handling practice is one of the most common causes of injury in the health care industry. These injuries are frequently severe and cannot always be completely treated, leading to chronic problems.
AVELING's Manual Handling for Health Care Workers course will teach you how to safely identify, plan and perform manual handling tasks to assist in maintaining an injury-free workplace.
- Retail and/or warehousing industry workers should take AVELING's Manual Handling for Retail and Warehouse online course.
- Office environment workers should take AVELING's Manual Handling and Ergonomics for the Office online course.
- Mining and/or construction industry workers should take AVELING's Manual Handling for Mining and Construction online course.
- Hospitality industry workers should take AVELING's Manual Handling for Hospitality Workers online course.
Any nurse, orderly, carer or health care professional who may need to lift, move, push, pull, carry or hold clients or objects in their workplace, home or vehicle.
Key benefits of AVELING's online Manual Handling course:
- Logon anywhere, anytime
This training course is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can take the course anywhere on a laptop or standard PC with an Internet connection.
- Take it at your own pace
We keep track of your progress throughout the course. This enables you to take the course over several days or weeks if needed.
- What is manual handling?
- The risks and consequences of manual handling
- Legal requirements and responsibilities
- Assessing manual handling tasks and minimising risk
- The dangers of patient handling and traditional lifting and moving techniques
- Safer patient handling alternatives
A Certificate of Participation will be issued at the end of the course.
|Dates:||Anywhere using a standard computer and Internet
|Fee:||$55.00 (inc GST)|
Last updated: 10 June, 2014